Strong man Richard Simpson
After a period of lack of motivation after getting Action Directe, 9a, Richard started trining again!
Richard Simpson on A Muerte
Ph: © Alex Messenger/WildCountry
It took Richard (MoonClimbing.com
team) just a month and a half of training in order to send the classic Born 4 U
, in Frankenjura (Germany).
"Burn 4 U took 4 tries one morning this year (although I'd already spent two days on the climb in 2005). I'd been climbing again for about 6 weeks beforehand, mainly at Warwick climbing wall with a good friend Chris Lancaster."
The highlight of Richard's ascents are, among the others, Action Directe (9a), Hubble (8c+) and A Muerte (9a).
During his period of "reflection" Richard dedicated himself to boxing and running + University study.
It seems that motivation is back now. But Richard pointed out that among his climbing goals, he wants to try to run next New York marathon (November 2008) in than 2h 30min!
Watch out this man guys!
Source: UkClimbing.com More NEWS on Rich Simpson:
* A Muerte 8c+/9a: first ascent by Richard Simpson
* Richard Simpson repeats Careless Torque
* Richard Simpson and his Action Directe: interview
* The pictures of Richard Simpson on Action Directe online NOW
* Unplugged for Richard Simpson
* Richard Simpson repeats Action Direct!!
* Stammina Band/Pump up the Power 8c+/9a for Richard Simpson
* 8b onsight for Richard Simpson
* Richard Simpson getting ready for Action Direct
* Hubble repeated by Richard Simpson!
* Moffat's 'Liquid Amber' repeated by Simpson